We are pleased to inform that new version of Esquimo is ready to download. Here is what we have added in current 1.4 version:
- the major update of API, now you have much more control over exported animation. Over 100 well documented new commands. A new export option is added that publish set of "developer friendly" files that allow you to use code-completion in editors such as FlashDevelop. Now you can set up your 3d assets using Esquimo editor and do the rest job with AS3
- export scene to SWC. Now you can compile your project into single SWF with no need of loading Esquimo SWF in runtime. All scene data are attached during compilation
- new grouping possibilities - from now on you can create new group that consists of other groups/objects with no level limits
- completely changed way of working with pivot. Animating objects with shifted pivot could cause some unexpected behaviours. We decide to sort it out and introduced 2 modes - GEOMETRY and ANIMATION. They bring new possibilities of using pivot and should make the animating process easier to handle
- new Surfaces menagement way - surface is considered as separate unit and can be reused for number of objects
- collada import (only mesh, materials and textures, other elements are under development)
- some minor changes: specular color picker added, "smooth angle" parameter for geometry object, few bugs fixed...